Thursday, September 30, 2010

you gonna miss me when I'm gone

I liked this poem, even though it was kinda sad. Women poets always seem to have easier poems.

When I was reading this, the song lyrics made me stop and think. So during the nights, the couple is miserable until the "first light"--which is day. The days are their escape from each other, but the speaker listens to this song that probably reminds her or him of her or his partner.. "you gonna miss me when I'm gone". But what the speaker thinks of is "heaving words like furniture". Ouch.. that's not fun to think about. It's like the speaker wants to want to miss her husband/...wife... but it clearly isn't going to work. Their lives were too chaotic when they were together.. all the piles of clothing and whatnot.

The couple can only be a couple when they are separate. The relationship seemed to have formed based on physical things.. it was too superficial: "our matching eyes and hair". There was never any chemistry, so that's why the thought of them being a couple makes sense, but the application won't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment