Thursday, September 16, 2010

I taste a a liquor never brewed

[Number eleven]

Emily Dickinson uses an Extended Metaphor in this poem. She (or the Speaker) compares being drunk to Nature.

When I first read this Poem, I really didn't understand Anything! I think I am still reading to see the entire Picture, and I'm not trying to find the Details first.

Anyways, back to the poem. In the first Stanza, the speaker isn't Drunk yet. The Liquor here is actually Mugs of natural Pearls. I think.
In Stanza two, the Speaker is Drunk on Air; She is indulging Herself on the Dew, You know, the little Droplets of Water on the Grass in the Morning. Things are getting Crazy!
In Stanza three, the Speaker talks about Bees, Butterflies, and Foxglove's (which is a kind of Flower). The Bees and Butterflies both eat or use Pollen. Even though the Pollen is gone, "[the speaker] shall but drink the more!". She/He isn't Drunk enough.

Angels (Seraphs) and Saints run to see the "Drunkard" at the "Window"... I don't know how that has to do with Nature.



DEAR EMILY, --
I-- HOPE --THAT WASN'T-- ANNOYING!
MARY.
P.S.--

No comments:

Post a Comment