Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bright Star


This movie actually looks really good. It makes me feel like the poem Bright Star has a more serious tone than what I read it in.

I'm talking about theme [Question 7]. Life isn't worth it unless you are with the person you love the most. In class we said that it was sorta like, "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all". But the speaker doesn't want to lose! If he had lost then he wanted to die. He doesn't want to live at all if he can't be with his love. "And so live forever-or else swoon to death". ( a little dramatic)
He just wants to lie with his lover forever and ever.
I'm not a crazy Twilight fan, but this reminds me of it, unfortunately. Bella loves Edward so much that she wants to turn into a vampire to be with him. They will both be immortal, so nothing can separate them. Vampires and stars are pretty much the same thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment