Wednesday, August 11, 2010

That Blade Of Grass

So earlier Tim talked about blame and now he is talking about revenge, which is basically the same thing. Revenge is placing the blame on someone plus other bad things.

Because Jorgenson didn't save Tim in time, he has to work at some base, away from the action. This separated him from his friends and what they were experiencing.. He had it too easy. So he is mad at Jorgenson for that and for ruining his butt. He is mad in some sick sort of way.

So this quote "Sanders shrugged. 'People change. Situations change. I hate to say this, man, but you're out of touch. Jorgenson-he's with us now.' 'And I'm not?' Sanders looked at em for a moment. 'No,' he said. 'I guess you're not'"(page 188) and this famous quote " Whoa, whoa! Time out. Let me get this straight. You know her, she knows you and she wants to eat him. And everybody's okay with this? Did I miss something?!" (You know, from the Lion King.) We all know how Timone and Pumba feel.. you know, through the whole Can You Feel The Love Tonight scene. Left out, abandoned, and sad. They want their "trio" back. But this random lion stole it from them. All they know is that she's got Simba and they're back on their own-alone.





This is how Tim felt. He wanted his buddies back, but Jorgenson stole them from him. He's getting revenge. Even if he knows deep down, it isn't right. "There was a coldness inside of me. I wasn't myself. I felt hollow and dangerous" (page 197).
This situation is far different from death. In death, the only way to get even is, well, more death. In this case, however, Tim can get even just by spooking Jorgenson a little. It's wrong, but it's not as wrong as death, right?

I thought for sure the prank would end terribly.. but I think it acutally made everything better. Hmm.
Maybe Tim is saying that blame/revenge is acceptable and useful in any case that doesn't involve death.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the Lion King reference ;). I mean it really fits!

    Meh =\ I can't think of anything else to say.

    ReplyDelete