Thursday, April 14, 2011

Umm.. Anti-Suspense?

"I collected the instruments of life around me, that I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet" (page 56) and then he did. Umm, anticlimactic?

What will the monster be like? I feel like it just happened and then the suspense came afterwards. Vick's little freakout created the suspense that we all expected to occur during the creation, which probably created more suspense that way.
I need to refocus.
I kinda thought that the monster would play a bigger role right after he was created, but he just sort of disappeared. This made me crazy curious as to what happened to Mario (the monster's name). "My enemy had fled" (page 60).. Well that's cool. I'm glad that all my thoughts about what Frankenstein was before reading this book were really, really wrong. I think maybe the purpose of making Mario runaway is to show Vick wallowing in self-pity.. he has time to think about what he has done and it sets the stage for the murder of William.

No comments:

Post a Comment