Thursday, April 21, 2011

Silly Red Sheet

"The human frame could no longer support the agonies that I endured, and I was carried out of the room in strong convulsions" (page 169)

Some hero. I could go on about how there really hasn't been a hero in the novel so far.. but I'll just concentrate on how Vick is definitely the antihero. Here is a list of things he has really screwed up.

1. Creating the monster. Really, Vick? You couldn't just leave that up to God? This was probably my favorite quote so far: "God, in pity, made man beautiful and alluring, after his own image; but my form is a filthy type of yours, more horrid even from the very resemblance" (page 124-25)
2. Fearing your own creation. What if God did that to us? We'd be so lost and would have no reason not to kill everyone. I mean, really, Mario is pretty justified in his murders. (kinda)
3. Not saving Justine with your knowledge of Mario. A hero has courage, but you definitely don't, dude.
4. Not creating that woman for Mario. You know what it is like to be alienated. Imagine that ALL the time. Mario has never felt loved, and you and your stupid fear of monster colonies is the main cause of that.

After he killed Liz, I don't think there was much else he could have taken away from you. I think if you had just created Mario's Princess Peach, then a little guilt would have been taken off your shoulders (plus Henry and Liz would still be alive). You are so dumb.

P.S. I actually have no idea who Mario, the Italian-American plumber's, girlfriend is.

No comments:

Post a Comment