Thursday, April 14, 2011

Motivation?

What has driven Waldon to drop everything and explore?

"...and I feel my heart glow with enthusiasm which elevates me to heaven, for nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose--a point on which a soul may fix its eye" (page 16)

I believe this is written near the beginning of his adventure, so he is still pretty upbeat about the whole thing. Right now (or right then..?) he is motivated by having a goal. The only thing he can see is the end, but not the challenges. So I think he has to ultimately have another form of motivation, and I don't sense that he does. His goal is to find the north pole magnet or something..and I think that's going to get old. I predict that he'll gain something more from this adventure (maybe from Frankenstein?). Maybe it will just be a deeper appreciation for friends and family.. I don't know. I just know that his enthusiasm is going to end soon, even after he met his new best pal Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment