Wednesday, April 6, 2011

failure still.

"The grape was sweet. I popped in another one, unaware that it would be the last bit of solid food I would eat for a long time." page 275

This is pretty direct foreshadowing. Obviously, the Taliban is going to do something to Amir. I was pretty sure he was going to land in some kind of jail cell for months and only be given mush for food, but I was wrong. I think it was nice to warn us that Amir was going to be hurt in some way before reaching Sohrab, but the author still left a huge surprise for us in the fight with Assef and whatnot. I feel like that whole fight scene was an extreme twist of fate. But one annoying thing about everything was that Amir still didn't win his own battle; he was saved (once again) by Sohrab (with a slingshot!). I still think Amir is kind of a failure at this point. He better be able to save Hassan's son (without anyone's help).


No comments:

Post a Comment