Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Really?

"When the nurse...walked in with a syringe in hand and asked me if I needed a morphine injection. I said yes." page 303

So his whole life he ignores his issues. When he was a child, he ignored confrontation with Hassan by being short and mean to him. When he got older, he ignored issues by moving to America with Baba. And now, when he is trying to redeem himself and make up for his sins, he asked for morphine. People kept reassuring me that I would learn to like Amir after we all hated him in the beginning.. but it hasn't happened for me yet. In a way, I guess it has. He faced death to rescue his nephew. However, the journey to atonement is definitely not over yet. Amir needs to do something big to be forgiven and I hope it has something to do with Sohrab's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment