Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sweet Mario

(Mario=Monster, btw)

"This trait of kindness moved me sensibly..." (page 106)

I think the emotions that Mario experiences display humanity at its purest. He has never been influenced by anyone (well, directly influenced). So every emotion he has is his own. He knew what sadness and happiness was before he knew the words to describe them. Isn't that just weird? It reminds me of a baby's laugh.


No one has taught the baby to laugh at this, he just thought it was funny and laughter was his natural reaction. Mario saw the sadness of the family and kindness was his natural reaction. In many ways Mario is like an infant (just a huge one). He has to learn everything from observance.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now I have to share this link with you:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4abiHdQpc

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is so much funnier after I realized what the piece of paper is.

    ReplyDelete