Monday, February 28, 2011

Eh?

So.. in the scene where Walter decides that he wants to take the money instead of moving into the new house, I thought it was a really good idea. I didn't see it as taking a step backwards in the progress that generations before had worked towards. I mean, the people had to pay money to keep the neighborhood "safe".. so don't they lose? I mean, the family gets the money and then they could take it to buy another house?
I guess they don't want to back down and lose everything. But in reality, the "white men" are the losers in this case.
I don't mean to say that I didn't like the ending, because it was really redeeming. Sticking it to the bad guys always feels good, but I'm just saying-they could have used the money.

But.. looking at the bigger picture, if everyone just gave into a deal like that.. no progress would ever be made in anything. So.. Good job, Walter.

No comments:

Post a Comment