Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reality TV.

Number Six talks a lot about physical effects and theatrical components and stuff.
If I were watching this play, I think the music would have had a big impact on the tone and theme of the play (not that I can figure out what the theme is) "The Glass Menagerie" theme that plays when Laura is being.. awkward.. I listened to it on youtube and it is really poignant. I think as an audience member, Laura would grow into an even bigger sympathetic character with this music. I can't really tell, but I think Tennessee uses shadows and curtains throughout the play. I would imagine that this would create a haunting mood- something that I really did not get with just the words in the script.
But I don't understand, because it seems like such a normal occurrence. Nothing magical really happens throughout the play, so why does it have to be so spooky?

No comments:

Post a Comment