Thursday, October 7, 2010

Danced in a Green Bay

tone.
tone.
tone.
tone.

I think I'm going to go with gloomy/fearful. The speaker continuously warns us not to "go into that good night", which I think means death. And death is usually a gloomy subject to talk about.. and then the speaker says that "the dark is right". Which implies that we should fight death even when it is our time, because it's scary. So he's fearful.
He gives us the stages that each type of person goes through when facing death.
The old men know it's their time, but they are too afraid.
The good men begin to doubt themselves--were my deeds good enough to get to heaven?
The wild men regret their lifestyle.. if they go into the dark, they won't reach the "light". (you know, heaven)
The serious men.. I don't get the "grave men".
In the last stanza the speaker is begging his father to fight off death.

No comments:

Post a Comment