Thursday, December 2, 2010

spacey with estrogen

At first Zoe SORTA reminded me of Abby Koop (name used with permission). She's pretty hard to follow. Zoe and Abby are both very smart people.. She is a professor at a college and Abby is an AP student. But they both also know lots of random things.. Zoe "seems to know the entire sound track to The King and I" and Abby seems to know everything about Harry Potter. And they both tend to make awkward situations for themselves. So yeah.. Zoe is a strange character.

I think the biggest difference between Abby and Zoe is that Zoe is very bitter and sarcastic.
"I'm not married? Oh, my God... I forgot to get married." or after being asked if she is seeing anyone.. "I'm seeing my house... "
I think the narrator's dry tone adds to her strange personality. "She thought it was terribly, terribly funny."

Why does she know so many of these depressing stories? And why does she stop herself when she's talking to Evan about marriage, but not when she is talking to Earl about love? I mean.. I understand that she is weird.. but she was just plain mean to Earl. But then I guess he was mean back.. and he gets a little weird. Maybe they'd make a good couple.

2 comments:

  1. AahahhhhhhhhhhhhhIfeelspecial!

    I have a very poor sarcasm detector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think she stops herself when she's talking to Evan because her goal isn't to scare Evan, whereas her goal with Earl IS, I think, because she sees him eyeing the sexy witches, and it annoys her. (Right? That was him, wasn't it? Or was it Charlie?)

    ReplyDelete