Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thinking

I guess a theme of this story is that everything in life is connected and the small decisions you make at any moment can affect future parts of your life.
The entire story is built up to believe that Chris will be Edie's husband.. So an entire story unrelated to Carmichael actually explains his marriage.
There is actually an episode of How I Met Your Mother where Ted explains how every choice he made in a single morning brought him closer to his kid's mom.. And if he hadn't of made those choices, they wouldn't be alive.

Have you ever thought about that? I always wonder how my life would be different if on the first day of school I had chosen Southport over Roncalli. Or what would my life be like if my sister and I hadn't decided to shopping the day we got in a wreck.. We would have had our own car and probably been able to do more things, but what?

If Edie's cow hadn't have had that baby, Mr. Peebles' wouldn't have hired her. And if Edie hadn't of decided to bring Chris a cake, then she probably wouldn't have stayed in the tent as long as she did and he wouldn't have promised to write to her. If she wasn't expecting that letter then the mailman wouldn't have asked her out and she probably would be married to somone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment